Here is a quick update:
-Today I have my first Big Brothers Big Sisters since break and I'm excited.
-Today I have my first Coffee Talk, and everything is all set up and ready to go so hopefully it will go well.
-Greg asked me out on a date tonight! Oh boy. =)
-Tomorrow I'm going to a fun party at Lisa's
-After that I'm going to a fun party at AePi
And, in the most exciting of all news, Eve and I have totally started planning our Sex-Positive Shabbat which is going to be the coolest fucking event ever. Ever.
January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You partake in the Big Brothers/Big sisters. I've always been interested in how that works. Can you give me some details?
sure. its a mentorship program that pairs a 'big' or successful older student with a 'little' or struggling younger student. the big goes to the little's school once a week for an hour to hang out, showing that someone really cares about the little, wants to know what they're up to, feel proud when they get good grades etc. an hour a week isn't enough time to really solve life's problems, but having a cool someone come in just to see you is a big self esteem boost for lots of these kids and that puts them in a better position to deal with whatever issues do come up in their life.
i like my little person- she reads as much as i did when i was little (so, constantly. literally.) and she's always really really excited when i show up because she wants to tell someone about what's happening in her book
Post a Comment